Thursday, May 31, 2007

Some drawings and plans of our new home

I thought we should put up some plans and drawings so people can get an idea about what we are planning to build. (Please excuse the slightly skew drawings, my original scan was not quite right and then I snipped it out of a pdf so a bit messy). The master bedroom and stdy got a bit bigger than planned thanks to councils requirements - anyway I guess it will be nice to have the extra space. We spent a lot of time modifying the BIR's between the master suite and the pc room - the master suite had a half hearted WIR and the pc room was much smaller without and robe of any sort.












We have really tried to minimise the number of trees that we have to remove. The hashed trees are now gone and it looks a bit bare. I will post a few more up to date photos soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

G'Day 3xb

I grew up in Monbulk and think you will enjoy the area, it usually stays nice and green. It is actually a high rain-fall area normally - which is why Silvan Reservoir is there. Well worthwhile having tanks, my parents still live there and there tank are never empty.
It might be worth you while to consider some kind of fire protection for you home, but many living in the area don't seem to worry.
Happy building

Tony

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.